Today marks the 8th annual World Table Tennis Day, which focuses on the universality and social inclusiveness the sport represents.
This year we’re putting the spotlight back on women and girls in table tennis, celebrating their achievements but also highlighting what we have been doing in this space.
What have we achieved so far?
- On International Women’s Day 2022, Table Tennis England outlined its intention to address the gender imbalance in table tennis by setting the future ambition of achieving gender parity.
- In the same week, we had a website and content takeover, highlighting fantastic women and girls already in the sport.
- We launched an online community, which has already grown to three figures, connecting women and girls in table tennis. Join our new Facebook group here.
- We offered a 50% discount on our Level 1 Session Coach qualification to women and girls. 17 women and girls took up this offer, which if completed will mean a 6.7% increase in our female Level 1 coaching workforce.
- We launched ‘Top Tips’ for starting a women and girls’ table tennis session. Download it here.
- We have created a women and girls page on our brand new website. View it here.
- We started the recruitment process for a brand new role – a Women and Girls Project Lead. Find out more and apply here.
Do you want to be the first to hear about women and girls’ opportunities? Register your interest here to find out more.