Compete membership is required for those who play regularly in local leagues or wish to compete in a 1* national competition.
Perfect for people playing table tennis regularly in a competitive environment, Compete membership comes with UK-wide personal accident and public liability insurance to ensure you’re properly protected when playing socially or competitively in the UK.
You’ll need to hold a Compete membership to play in an affiliated local league and to appear in the national rankings and ratings lists. If you defeat a ranked player in a ranking event, you will be automatically included in the monthly player Rating List.
- Access to play in local leagues and national events at 1* level
- Access to the Table Tennis England approved league platform TT Leagues
- £10m public liability insurance for training and playing competitively or socially in UK only
- Personal Accident Insurance, including access to physiotherapy
- Eligibility to appear in the Table Tennis England Ranking and/or Rating lists
- Access to exciting offers and hundreds of discounts in our Table Tennis England Benefits Club
- Discounts from carefully selected third parties, including Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines and Butlin’s
- Discount on table tennis equipment from Cornilleau UK
- Regular email communications that are tailored to you with news, including updates on membership benefits, TTE.TV and events, as well as information and special offers from our online tickets and merchandise store, our education programme and our sponsors/partners
- Priority access for tickets to major national and international events hosted by Table Tennis England
- Member-only competitions to win exclusive experiences and prizes
- Opportunity to be nominated for Table Tennis England’s annual Pride of Table Tennis Awards
- Free access to exclusive live and on-demand content on TTE.TV
A Compete membership will last until the end of each playing season, which usually runs until the 31st of July each year. There is an option to choose auto-renewal when renewing or purchasing a new membership.
Seniors: £18.00 (19+)
Cadets / Juniors: £9.00 (under 19)
NB: refunds are only processed within 14 days of purchase or on the production of a medical certificate.
The quickest and easiest way to renew online by clicking here
and you can register online as a member for the first time by clicking here
or click here if you wish to download a spreadsheet to register your Club or PremierClub Club Play Members in bulk.
Renew and register over the phone with our customer service team by calling 01908 208860.
Please ensure you accept the Policy details, or it will restrict access and usability of the site, if you are administering for your Club, League or County.
How do I set up direct debit on my account?
You can only set up a direct debit if you have an invalid membership, to do this, click on the following links for instructions.
New Member Direct Debit – https://youtu.be/CJ03rQNPly8
Existing Member Direct Debit – https://youtu.be/LsNuG3my3Us
Will my membership become active as soon as I set up the direct debit?
No, the membership will be moved into a ‘pending’ state whilst the Direct Debit mandate is being processed by stripe. Please note – at this point you will receive an email to confirm you have set up a direct debit, the membership will still show ‘pending’ until the process has been completed.
How long will it take for my membership to become active?
It will become active within 6 working days of applying the Direct Debit to your account. You will receive an email advising you what date the money will be debited from your account; this is normally a day or so before the money is taken.
When will my Direct Debit renew?
If you sign up in the renewal period in 2023 your Direct Debit will be taken on the 1st August. At renewal time for 2024 your Direct Debit will be processed on the 1st August 2024 or the first weekday after if the 1st August is a weekend.
If I select Direct Debit, can I play in a tournament/competition a few days later?
No, because your membership will be in a ‘pending’ state and is not active, you won’t be able to enter a tournament/competition until the membership is valid, this is for both local and National events. If you have a tournament within 7 days of adding a membership, we suggest purchasing either by auto renewal using your card or a one-off payment.
What ‘start’ date will show on the membership?
The date on the membership will be the date it becomes active on the system, not from the date you started the process of adding a direct debit.
If I pay by Direct Debit will my membership automatically renew next year?
Yes, your Direct Debit will automatically renew but you must select the auto-renewal option when signing up for a Direct Debit. If you don’t it will not auto-renew next year.
What happens if my Direct Debit bounces and isn’t processed?
If this happens then your membership will not be updated and will not renew. Please ensure you have sufficient funds in your account for the 1st August.
How do I cancel my Direct Debit?
If you wish to cancel your Direct Debit, please email [email protected]. We will cancel this for you, so it won’t renew next year. Please note there are no in-year refunds.