People from all areas of the sport have come together to form the Steering Group which will support the Table Tennis England competition review.
The group was put together following two calls for expressions of interest across the Table Tennis England membership. It met for the first time last week and comprises the following members:
- Neil Rogers (Steering Group Chair; Head of Competition & Events)
- Simon Mills (Director of Sport)
- Simon Griew (Board member + Ranking Project Team)
- Greg Yarnall (Head of Development and Volunteering; participation)
- Alan Cooke (Technical Director; performance)
- Brian Jackson (Chair of Technical Officials Committee)
- Don Parker (Elected Director)
- Neil Hurford (Members’ Advisory Group)
- Gary Wood (club and organiser background)
- Graham Trimming (club and organiser background)
- Kelly Sibley (player background)
- Graeme Barella (player background)
Table Tennis England Chairman Sandra Deaton and CEO Sara Sutcliffe will be ex-officio members of the Steering Group.
The competition review was announced last year and will be a root-and-branch review of the entire national competition structure.
The review process will firstly map the existing competitions offer, and will include a consultation period with all sections of our membership in the late spring-early summer period. Details of how all members can have their say during this process will be published in due course.
Neil Rogers said: “This group represents all areas of the sport and includes extensive expertise. We are all excited to get started on the journey to creating a modern and sustainable competitions landscape which puts players of all levels at its heart.”