With less than 24 hours to go before the start of the Paralympic tournament in Tokyo, all eyes will be on the awe-inspiring performances of the Paralympic athletes, each with their own story of overcoming challenges to become a top performer in their field.
We’re hoping that our British Para Table Tennis stars will inspire all people with disabilities to start playing table tennis. The game is one of the most inclusive of sports, particularly for wheelchair users, its accessibility lies in its adaptability for a variety of ability levels and disabilities. We know that 1 in 5 people in England have an impairment, and 70% of those want to be more active – what better way to do so than table tennis?
Table Tennis England works in partnership with British Para Table Tennis to attract as many disabled players from across England as possible to experience the sport through clubs, leagues and events and to further develop the opportunities for disabled players.
To help you get started in table tennis, see the below tips:
- Table tennis clubs all over the country are always looking to welcome new members of all ages and abilities. Find your nearest place to play using our table finder.
- Our inclusivity section offers guidance on how people with various disabilities can easily get involved in the sport.
- Visit British Para Table Tennis for more information to help people find suitable opportunities to play para table tennis.
- Looking to start inclusive sessions within your community? All Ping in the Community packages are wheelchair accessible, visit Ping! England for more information.
- Complete the form below and we’ll be delighted to help point you in the right direction.