Charlie Childs Coaching Grant
Financial support for those looking to continue their coaching journey.
The Charlie Childs Coaching Grant, launched in August 2021, will:
- Provide support for those looking to start or continue on their coaching journey
- Support coaches to increase youth, women and girls’ and/or Disabled People’s participation in the sport
- Support coaches’ continuous development
- Support individuals to inspire others to be involved in leadership positions with the sport
Charlie was involved in our sport in a range of different capacities for over 40 years, including as a Board member of Table Tennis England, before his untimely death at the age of 69 in March 2020.
How the grant works
The grant will be available to applicants who are Table Tennis England members and who are in one or more of the following groups:
- Aged between 16 and 30
- Identifies as a female
- Living with a disability or coaches individuals with a disability within table tennis
- An individual from either an ethnically diverse community or lower socio-economic group
Applications opened in September 2021.
Applications will be awarded on a rolling basis and will be reviewed by a panel using pre-set criteria. Applications will be considered for up to 50% of grant funding towards a programme, up to a maximum of £200.
Each applicant will need to demonstrate how receiving a grant will help to increase and/or retain the number of young people (age range U19) participating in the sport and/or increase equality in the sport – by increasing the number of women and girls, Disabled People or those from ethnically diverse communities participating.
Individuals will be permitted to make one application every two years and an annual summary of all funded programmes will be published and shared with Charlie’s family.
Applications will be assessed by the Table Tennis England Inclusivity Group, which meets once a month.
If you wish to make a donation to the grant, you can do so through Paypal by clicking the button below.